Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DC Comics Week: What else have I been missing?

This time, it's personal for Jim Gordon
As I continue my journey into the DC universe, I've been seeking out recent storylines to knock my socks off the way books like "The Long Halloween" and "Superman: Birthright" have in the past, and to my delight, it looks like I've been missing something pretty great in Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla’s recent run of Detective Comics called "Skeleton Key." Here's a description from Comic Vine:

"For years, Jim Gordon has been tormented by the possibility that his son, James Jr., might be a killer. Tonight, he'll get the answers he's been after. But is the truth about James even darker than the Commissioner, or even Batman, could have guessed?"

Not only that, apparently the story culminates with the clown prince of crime himself: the Joker. It concludes this week, so I'll be combing throught the back issues at my LCBS to find the rest. I can only hope that there are others like me that haven't realized that this is out there and there'll be some left. Somehow I doubt it. I'm late to this party by a long shot.

I have to hand it to you, DC comics, it looks I haven't been giving you enough credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment